Introduction: robot vacuum
If you watch sci-fi movies, you will have seen a futuristic environment with floating cars and automated homes where a robot acts as your servant. Each day we are getting closer and closer to this reality. Although we don’t have robots with a human’s intellect, we do have automated robot vacuums that perform a single specific task with accuracy.
The future is all about automation. Humans want to automate every tedious task to focus on other essential factors of our life. Cleaning is one boring and repetitive task that we do every day—especially cleaning the floor when dust, pet hair, and even food crumbs tend to dirty the floor.
Why would you get up every day and drag around a large tortoise shaped canister vacuum when you have the power to automate this. What if we told you that you don’t even have to lift a finger in all this? Sounds like a fantasy? Well, it isn’t, and the future is here.
Robot vacuum cleaners are disked shaped machines that clean and vacuum your floor every day. Instead of you having to vacuum the floor manually, these robots require little to no interaction. You don’t even have to charge them repetitively. The majority of them come with their charging docks. You have to place the dock in an open space, and the robot will return automatically to charge itself when low on battery.
Who doesn’t like a neat and clean floor? But we all hate to clean the floor every day, right? You also have the power to schedule when the robot will start cleaning. You can set times when you’re at the office or outside to minimize the interaction. The only time you interact with the robot vacuum will be to empty the dust collector.
Robot vacuum cleaners don’t come cheap. There is a price tag with all the convenience you get. Some are affordable, but some cost about four digits. Each model has its perks. Some have better functionality than others, and some clean better than others.
Are robot vacuums worth it?
The answer depends on your budget. There are $200 robots and $1000 robots with advanced features. One thing is sure that they will save you a lot of time.
We’re going to talk about three major brands and their respective flagship robot vacuum cleaners. Let’s get started.
iRobot is an autonomous robotic company. The company produces top-quality robot vacuums and robot mops. Its robot vacuum lineup is called Roomba. The budget series is called the 600 series, and their top-quality flagship series is called the S series.
The top-end models have numerous high tech features such as an automatic dirt disposal system that allows the robot to empty itself for 60 straight days. The suction power pulls out debris and pet hair even from the roots of carpets. Edge design enables iRobot to scrape dirt out of corners with ease.
They have intelligent house sensors that map out your house to optimize coverage. You have the control in your hands with iRobot. You can create custom maps and even set custom schedules. You can instruct it to stay away from certain areas too. Through Alexa, you can command your robot to clean a specific room or even a particular spot. iRobot’s latest vacuum robot is called Roomba S9+.
- OUR MOST ADVANCED CLEAN - You—& your home—deserve the best. With groundbreaking technology & a sophisticated design, the s9+ is our smartest, most powerful robot vacuum yet.
- DEEPEST CLEAN - With 40X the suction power, the superior 3-Stage Cleaning System lifts, loosens, then eliminates debris & pet hair from deep within your carpets. Increases suction to clean even deeper into carpets with power boost technology.
- DETAILED POWERFUL CLEAN - PerfectEdge Technology with advanced sensors & a specially designed Corner Brush optimize cleaning deep into corners & along edges. Ideal for homes with pets. 30% wider Dual Rubber Brushes don't get tangled with pet hair.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the s9+ learns the layout of your home & builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean & navigate in neat, efficient rows. If it’s running low on battery, it recharges & resumes cleaning.
- VACUUMS MESSES IN THE MOMENT - Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” A simple request to your voice assistant* or via the iRobot Home app enables the s9+ to clean messes for you, right when they happen.
Eufy is a company that provides smart home solutions, including robot vacuum cleaners, security cameras, video doorbells, etc. They offer budget-friendly and high-end robot vacuum cleaners. The robots adapt to all surfaces such as a wooden floor or a carpet and clean efficiently. The latest model has nine infrared sensors built to help map the house and beware of its surroundings.
You have the power to control Eufy through Alexa or even Google’s assistant. Just pick up your phone and ask Alexa or Google to tell Eufy to start cleaning. Eufy has a low operating sound level compared to others. It operates at the same sound level as a microwave at 56DdB and has drop-proof technology.
The vacuum robot automatically returns to its charging dock whenever low on battery. Once it has charged up to 80%, it resumes from where it stopped. Eufy has its flagship vacuum called RoboVac G30 Edge.
- - Smart Dynamic Navigation 2.0: Navigate faster and better than before. By thoroughly covering your entire house with logical route planning instead of random paths, RoboVac doesn't miss a spot.
- - 2000 Pa of Hard-Hitting Suction: The ultra-strong 2000 Pa of suction power ensures more debris is picked up across all surfaces, giving you noticeably cleaner floors.
- - Control at Your Fingertips: App connectivity lets you take full control of RoboVac. Check cleaning records, set scheduled cleanings, switch modes, and more on the app.
- - Set Boundary Strips: Exclude your kid’s play area or your pet’s bed. RoboVac uses specialized dual-Hall sensors to detect the Boundary Strips you set, ensuring it only cleans the areas required.
- - What You Get: RoboVac G30 Edge, Charging Base, 13.2 ft Boundary Strip, AC Power Adapter, 2 Side Brushes, Additional Unibody Filter, Cleaning Tool, 5 Cable Ties, Welcome Guide, and Our Worry-Free 12-Month Warranty.
- - Note: Make sure you are using a 2.4GHz router or a dual-band router that is configured to support a 2.4GHz frequency band. RoboVac doesn’t support 5GHz frequency band.
Robit is not a very well known brand compared to others and deserves attention. It offers high-quality vacuum robots at an affordable price. Their robots provide about 2000 pascals of suction, which is enough to suck in most debris. They also come with an extra set of brushes if you need to change them.
The whole package is well-engineered and has a relatively slim design. This helps it clean under furniture easily. Robit vacuums house a large dust hopper and a reusable and washable dust filter. Some models lack zone control, but this isn’t a big issue considering the low price tag. Robit also has its high-end robots that have all the latest features but at a higher price tag.
Pros of robot vacuum cleaners:
- They can clean under hard to reach areas such as sofas, beds, and other furniture.
- You can set a schedule for when the robots will start cleaning.
- It can be instructed through Alexa or Google’s assistant.
- Some vacuum robots also come with mopping functionality.
- You can direct the robot to clean one specific spot where there is a spill.
- Saves you time cleaning time.
- Some advanced models can automatically dump the dirt too.
- They don’t need to be charged manually; they can find their way to the charging dock.
- They can clean different surfaces like concrete, wooden floor, carpets, and linoleum.
- You can set boundaries, and the robot will not go there.
- Robot vacuum cleaners are the ideal solution for elderly or disabled people.
Cons of robot vacuum cleaners:
- The premium models are very costly, reaching up to the $1000 mark.
- You must manually pick up small items that may get stuck in the robot-like socks, toys, and other small objects.
- The bin in most models is relatively small and needs to be emptied frequently.
- The vacuum robots get stuck under tight spaces often.
- They are equally noisy as a manual vacuum, but they take a lot of time to clean.
- Sometimes they get lost when returning to the charging dock and get stranded in the middle of the room.
- It will leave corners of your room, which you must vacuum manually.
- They are ineffective on stairs, which again requires manual cleaning.
For more smart home device visit this page.
Any purchases made from clicks on links to products on this page may result in an affiliate commission for me.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Als Amazon-Partner verdiene ich an qualifizierten Verkäufen